v. bonked, bonk·ing, bonks
1. To strike or cause to come into contact: She bonked her head going through the low doorway.
2. Chiefly British Vulgar Slang To have sexual intercourse with.
1. To collide against something: His head bonked against the wall as he fell.
2. To become suddenly and extremely fatigued, especially in an endurance sport such as bicycling.
3. Chiefly British Vulgar Slang To engage in sexual intercourse.
1. A blow to the head.
2. A hollow thud.
3. A state of sudden and extreme fatigue often experienced when participating in endurance sports, especially bicycling.
4. Chiefly British Vulgar Slang An act of sexual intercourse.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition copyright ©2019 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Indo-European & Semitic Roots Appendices
Thousands of entries in the dictionary include etymologies that trace their origins back to reconstructed proto-languages. You can obtain more information about these forms in our online appendices:
The Indo-European appendix covers nearly half of the Indo-European roots that have left their mark on English words. A more complete treatment of Indo-European roots and the English words derived from them is available in our Dictionary of Indo-European Roots.